J. Clarke

R. Wink wrote:

When you phone to tell them that you're leaving, they try to "song and
dance" you back into the fold. However, when you tell them it's you money
and you're not going to pay their bill, you get their attention and they
do get with the program. I was paying the bill with my credit card and I
told them that as of such and such date, I was canceling AOHell and the
card
I was paying with. BUT, even after 2 years, I still get their coasters in
the mail. R. Wink

I know people who don't even _have_ computers who get their coasters in the
mail.

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:20:10 -0800, Gino wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:28:14 GMT, Dave in Fairfax
wrote:

Gino wrote:
Can you ever remove their software without editing your registry.
I can't.

I edit my registry all the time, nothing removes cleanly, Norton
is infamous for that. I was thinking of the call-backs, and
reinstatement if anybody in the family wonders why they don't have
AOHell anymore issues. Or the arguing about whether you REALLY
want to stop your service when you tell them that.

Been there done that. I phoned them and told them their heavy handed
tactics were not in their best interest.
They have an answer for every reason you try to give them for quitting.

My Old Man
uses their garbage but he can't stand the browser, so I told him
to go ahead and connect, minimize their browser and start
Netscape, or any other browser and then use it. You'll still have
to find out wha ttheir NNTP host is or use another one, but
setting those up in Netscape/Mozilla/TBird is easy to do.

Dave in Fairfax

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)