Karl Vorwerk

Default simi off topic nylon gear with broken tooth in paper shredder

I tried repairing the missing tooth on the nylon gear by welding some nylon
in place and then filed it to shape. It broke at the weld possibly due to a
lack of skill on my part as I've never welded plastic before and used a
piece of metal heated by my mapp gas torch to melt it. I'm considering
making a metal tooth screwed to a backing plate inside the gear rim. The
nylon gear is acting against a steel gear so I doubt it will cause too much
damage if it's a little off. The shredder was free because it was broken so
no great loss if I can't fix it. You can't buy a repair part from the maker.
My friend already tried.
Thanks
Karl