Kathy

"Clark Griswold" wrote in message
"Kathy" wrote in message
I have an in-law suite above my garage. My son used to live in there. He
moved out and bought a house and a friend of my daughters was fueding

with
his mom, (his dad already put him out)so I let him move into the room
provided he did "son things" and paid his own way as far as utilities
went.
Well he won't do the son things, has too many people over and told me

I'm
crazy when I showed him the utility bill and he wont move out. What the
****
can I do short of killing him? He's been there since November so he

should
have saved up enough money to get a place by now. He hides from my

husband
and wrote us a letter saying he thinks he has renters rights. Can

anybody
give me some advice? The kid has been lying to us all along. I'm afraid
he's
going to trash the place or worse yet, get raided for having under-aged
friends in there drinking and smoking pot. He was an alright kid when he
was
sleeping on my couch. Now he thinks he's king of the hill. I just want

him
to leave.

Be very careful how you handle this. Tenant's rights is a very tough

hurdle
for the landlord to overcome. Document everything. **Consult with a lawyer
trained in landlord/tenant disputes.** You will probably end up evicting

the
tenant. Once they get in and refuse to pay it could take upwards of six
months to get them out. Make sure you do everything by the book. Follow

all
codes. Do not enter their apartment without their approval. If you make

one
mistake it will be a strike against you when you eventually take this sob

court.

Remember it is your house, but its there apartment. And the law tends to
lean in the tenants favor, especially if the landlord doesn't follow the
book. Did I say consult with a lawyer trained in these matters?

Did you have a signed lease agreement with the tenant? Check with your

local
government - local, state, whatever to find out what you *must* do.

Once you get this sob out (or before would probably be better) you can

rent
the movie Pacific Heights. Good flick about a dream gone sour.

It's not an apartment. It's an in-law suite.
There is nothing on paper except the note he wrote us whick I never got.
He has quit talking to my daughter.
His mother doesnt want him so bad that I'm sure she's behind his ranting.
Most of the stuff in there is mine. He had to bring his bed because my son
took his.