Joseph Meehan

Art wrote:
I'm surprised it damaged the sheathing. I found in my previous house
that they were just dumping into the attic for many years with no
apparent damage. Your attic probably has inadequate ventilation. Fans are
available in different sizes but some require bigger duct
work which you probably don't want to change now. You might be
better off just hooking a timer switch in so the fan stays on 15
minutes after your shower is done and then turns off automatically. They
sell fan timers where they sell the fans.

It does not always do damage, but it does often enough that I would not
allow it in my home. It is very poor work in my opinion. I am glad you
have not had any problems.

You are right about the possibility or marginal ventilation. Of course
it may have been only be marginal because of the bath vents.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math