Jedd Haas

In article , Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:28:02 -0600, the renowned (Jedd
Haas) wrote:

In article s.com, "Karl
Townsend" remove .NOT to reply wrote:

I've made a layout of a CNC control panel in autocad. I need to

convert the
.dxf files to .pdf (adobe) so I can take them to a print shop.

I don't want to buy anything for this one time need. Anybody know a way to
do this?

Karl

You may be able to export the dxf to an eps file within your CAD software,
which can then be given to the print shop.

I hestitate to suggest this, because I've seen some ugly issues with
Autocad PS export. In one case it generated PS that caused the
interpreter to bail when an entity was rotated to certain angles.
Maybe they've fixed it in later versions.

Whenever I did this in the past, I would open the eps file in Adobe
Illustrator and never had a problem.

--
Jedd Haas - Artist
http://www.gallerytungsten.com