Old Nick

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:33:25 -0800, Larry Jaques
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

" installed this kit on a Schwinn Stingray. With the 50 tooth sprocket
the top
speed is aprox. 35mph. The mileage is about 70 mpg. Upgrading the seat
to a Bell
definitely improves the experience- no suspension. The plastic
tensioner,the cables-gas and
clutch are of low utility and should be replaced. Torque and power are
a feature of
this motor as is vibration. Parts not loc-tited will eject, the spark
plug connection
disintigrates, and the exhaust must be fabricated as just bolting on
the supplied system has
issues with ground clearance and an ejection problem. As a package it
is addictive to
operate, and the public reaction has been great."

"This kit that you see on e-bay is really quite CHEAP and I don`t mean
price
wise. It`s made in China so what do you expect? you get what you pay
for. When I got
my kit I literally had to rebuild or replace everything, clutch cabel,
carb, broken
ignition wire etc. The motor ran for about two mile before it seized
up on me and yes I
had the proper oil to gas mixture. I think a person is better off
getting a
tecumseh or honda engine which can be easily serviced. Unless you are
a mechanic, it`s
hard to find somebody to service these skyhawk motors plus parts have
to be ordered.
Personal pet peeve is that everything is METRIC"

Oh....what about those reviews? Two out of three were loser....

What, the two who said "Do you know anything about these things?"
The price is sure nicer at $135 than the Sumbitchy at $699 or the
Tecumseh at $399.