Dave Hinz

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:49:07 -0600, Jeff P. wrote:
Man, that really is amazing. Leave it to AOL to decide what's good for you.
If they don't have control over it then you shouldn't have it.

Actually, I see it as more of a "we know our interface sucks, here
use any of these other superior ones so we can stop supporting this crap
that doesn't work as well as other options". They're not forcing
anyone to stay with AOL, nor are they limiting their customers other
options.

The only people this will inconvenience substantially are those who
won't switch from AOL and who aren't computer savvy enough to
download any of the dozens of free newsreader clients out there,
or point a browser to groups.google.com.

Nothing to see here, folks...