Doug Boulter

(jj3000) wrote on 25 Jan 2005:

Would I need to replace the drywall with concrete board?

Around the tub or for the walls of the shower, absolutely, unless
you're going to float a mortar bed for the tile. Everything else
should be greenboard, but you can probably get away with regular
drywall if you paint with a quality gloss or semigloss paint.

Is there anything else I didn't think of??

Electrical. Your bath will need its own circuit, and maybe two, to
meet code. Thinking about a whirlpool tub?

As the others have said, you really need to have a plumber advise
you on this. Depending on your family's tolerance for having your
master bedroom torn up for a long time, I'd think about having a
professional bath remodeler do the work since this will be your
first time doing something like this.

--
Doug Boulter

To reply by e-mail, remove the obvious word from the e-mail address