Patriarch

Shawn wrote in
news:1106690652.763b30117bf733fbd25b7bebc69c2f52@t eranews:

Would an actual news article be more convincing?

http://news.com.com/AOL+shutting+dow...2_3-5550036.ht
ml?tag=st_lh

Assuming the CNet author knew what they were reporting, it is the AOL
proprietary interface to newsgroups for which they are discontinuing
support. Newsgroups are purported to continue to be available to those who
use a 'real newsgroup reader' (emphasis added.)

Never having used the AOL interface, I cannot offer an opinion as to
whether this represents a loss or not. The "Internet with training
wheels" has never appealed to me. I am not every company's dream market
focus segment, however.

Patriarch