LRod

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:23:12 -0600, Duane Bozarth
wrote:

LRod wrote:
Sorry how? "Better-safe-than-sorry" is only reasonable advice when
there is a possibility, even remote possibility of an event occuring.
In the cas of a single home shop dust explosion in a plastic pipe
ducted system there is ZERO chance. ...

Well, the conclusion of the article is to quote..

"...home shop DC explosions are somewhere between extraordinarily rare
and nonexistent."

That is not precisely zero...

While rare, railing at such extremes is just not warranted...

Oh, WELL. I stand corrected.

Given, however, that my point was that it was fruitless to expend
resources in pursuit of "preventing" an occurance that is "somewhere
between extraordinarily rare and nonexistent," it seems I've been
vindicated.

Picking fly **** out of pepper over whether it's actually zero or just
really, really close to it is to obscure the bigger truth.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net