Gunner

On 25 Jan 2005 16:34:51 GMT, (Charles A.
Sherwood) wrote:

My rockwell horizontal mill has a #30 taper spindle.
I recently bought some carbide endmills that do not have a flat on them
so they cannot be held with an endmill holder.

I have two ways to hold them. Bison ER32 collet chuck or Erickson 180DA
collet chuck. Both suffer from the same limitations. The end of the collet
chuck is much larger than the endmill holder so it might hit the vise.
Also the nut sticks out farther than the collet so about 1/4 inch of
endmill length is lost.

I'm looking for better options. Suggestions please?

BTW, good quality carbide endmills are awesome. I was cutting Stainless
steel like it was aluminum!
chuck

Buy extended endmill holders and grind a flat on the shank of the
endmills. Thats da only way. Shrug. YMMV of course

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown