Frank Z

Default Unusual radiator plumbing qn.

I am intstalling a long radiatior under a long window. The window will
have a venetian blind, so curtains will not be necessary - except that
I want to hang a narrow, floor-length curtain (permanently drawn open)
at each end of the window, just for looks. Unfortunately, this would
cover a TRV if fitted, so I envisage running the 15mm pipe from the
radiator horizontally for about 15", then have a TRV at the end of
that pipe. Then below the TRV, the pipe will run directly downwards
through the floorboards.

Question 1: Will a normal TRV do for this purpose - or should I try to
find a thermostatic valve that is designed to be fitted in-line
(couldn't find such a valve at B.E.S.)

Question 2: Pipes from radiators usually run downwards, and so most
valves are designed with the inlet or outlet pointing downwards. Does
anyone know where I can buy one with an inlet/oulet running parallel
to the floor? (I couldn't find one at B.E.S.)

Thank you

Frank