Gunner

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 03:01:44 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

NO SLOPE!!! Everyone should have the wonderfull experience of a flat roof,
only better if you were in Ohio.

Chuckle..I made it 4" in 8 feet. Looks pretty good. I simply ran the
2x8 ridge board, then stuck on the plywood. Rain is coming so I did a
quick and nasty. Next weekend Ill put in the rafters from below using
hangers. It may flap like a sail and leak between the sheets during
the week,, but its gotta be better than no roof at all.

Gunner

"Gunner" wrote in message
news
Im at the point where Im getting ready to put a roof on my "awning" in
the back yard. Its a 16' x 16' freestandinging gizmo that will cover
my welding Stuff, a place to work on vehicles, and so forth. Lots of
similar units around here are flat roofed, but as it appears that we
may be getting some rain for the next couple years, Id like to put a
small slope on it. How much slope should I put in a 8' span, just to
get rid of rain water? 4" 3"?

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke