JMartin957

A customer called me today looking for what he called an Eddy Current
tester.

As he described it to me, its a device that uses electronic magic to
test the hardness of a material, its thickness and so forth. He
wants it to double check heat treating.

Any idea of where to find a reasonably priced used one?

Gunner

Don't know about hardness, but I saw one used to check the threads on an
aluminum SCUBA tank. Found some cracks that you wouldn't have otherwise seen.

I believe it's now a federal law that the aluminum tanks be checked that way,
so most any dive shop should have a machine or know where to find one.

John Martin