PoP

Default Flext tap Connectors

On 16 Mar 2004 08:45:05 -0800, (Rick) wrote:

My tame CORGI guy was extolling the virtues of using Flexy connectors
when connecting baths & sinks - i.e. connect them to the appliance
first - fit appliance then connect up the flex pipe with ease.

I have always done this the hard way with copper(or Hep20) pipe -
anybody any views on these - do they last ? are they durable etc.

I use flexies all the time now - much easier to install than cutting
copper (or plastic) to the required length! Though I have to say that
the latter is probably a skill that you pick up.

These things are a huge bonus for bath taps where you have limited
room in the tap area. Focus DIY in Bracknell sell some long versions
of these flexies (nylon covered) which means you can bring the
connections to the 22mm supply pipes away from the bath to somewhere
easy to grapple with. I think those long flexies are something like
18in in length.

The only issue to be careful of from my experience is that the flexy
must not kink, and when tightening up you have to ensure that there is
no twist stress placed on the flexy.

PoP

---
If you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at
http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk. I'll
probably still ignore you but at least I'll get the
message.....