George E. Cawthon

Every now and again, I'll fill a 5-gallon bucket with a 1 part bleach
to 9 parts water solution of bleach water to sterilize things around
the backyard like bird feeders and stuff. My question is how to dispose
of the bleach water afterwards? Do I schlepp it into the house and
pour it down the toilet or kitchen sink? Is it safe to pour on the
ground? I garden organically, and the last thing I want to do is ruin
the ecosystem I've created with bleach water.

Thanks.

-Fleemo

You've got some weird answers and some fairly answers.
First, it won't hurt the ecosystem. Second, 10 percent
solution will kill many plants, so pour it where you want to
kill plants. Don't want to kill any plants? Let it sit
outside in bucket for a couple of days, dilute and pour in a
hole (like in your garden). Soil microorganisms will break
it down very quickly. On a sewer system? put it in the
potty and flush. All the S#%* flowing in the system will
rapidly inactivate it provide some benefit.