pray4surf

"HomeBrewer" wrote in message
: I am planning on remodeling my kitchen. I have Home Depot, Lowes and
Cabinet
: Depot in my local area. Which would be best for quality/price?
:
: --
: ___________________
: HomeBrewer

You didn't indicate whether you would be installing the cabinets yourself.
If not, you can skip my reply....

With that said...

When we went shopping for cabinets at the onset of our remodel, no one could
beat the borg price for 'stock' cabinets alone...

Every single 'local guy' that submitted a proposal was thousands over the
borg's quote... Whether they weren't encouraged by my insistence that I
would do the install....

We ultimately went with the American Woodmark 'Gettysburg' from HD in a
natural oak. In hindsight, I might have upgraded to the KraftMaid line.
Primarily because a handful of major and minor quality issues. Two cabinets
had to be exchanged. One was out of square and the other constructed of the
wrong material (came in presswood rather than the plywood)...

Only upgrades we went with were lazy-susans in the bottom corners and
rollout drawers in the pantry.

We are really pleased with the end result as you can see from the photos
he
www.nctimes.net/~pray/House.htm

Of course, YMMV...

Rick