James Sweet

"KitKat" wrote in message

"Alan Harriman" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 00:51:11 GMT, "KitKat" wrote:

I just got a 27" JVC TV from an uncle who got a High-Def.

When I hooked the TV up in my room, I noticed that the left and right
sides
of the screen (close to the edges) would change color whenever a light
color
was on screen.

I put in a DVD that had a shot of a white wall, and the left side turned
yellow, and the right side turned purple.

The TV was only made in 2000, and I've tried RF, RCA and S-Video
connections
and they all produce the same results.

I asked my uncle and he said it happened once in a while, but he didn't
really notice it.

Is there any way I can fix this? Thanks.

Resolder the degauss thermistor. Should be good as new.

Alan Harriman

Thanks for your reply. Can you let me know exactly where the thermistor

is
located?

If you can't find it on your own, you may want to have someone experienced
work on it. A TV is really not the best place to learn repair.