Andy Hall

Default IP adressing stinks

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 21:23:40 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"John Laird" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:01:47 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

No ISP allocates one IP address to one individual user, unless it is a

large
user. IP addresses are scarce, very scare. One of the big problems of

TC/IP
is that the addressing stinks, although this is being worked on.

You get better and better. We've not seen this level of idio^h^h^h^h
entertainment in these parts for a while...

If IP (v4 even) addresses are so scarce, then the 8 I got for nowt, which
could have been as many as I could justify, must be worth a fortune,

right?
Hmm, thinks, Ebay auction coming right up !!

The addressing is crap. FULL STOP. v 6 is just another fire fight to keep
the shambles afloat.

Presumably your alternative would be X.121?

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl