Steve Decker

LRod wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:59:46 -0500, Steve Decker
wrote:

LRod wrote:

On 24 Jan 2005 10:33:57 -0800, "Gus" wrote:

...dust hose is more difficult to ground than metal. Why ground at all? To
prevent a possible dust explosion. Nasty business, that.

That was a really great post except for the above. Pure, utter
nonsense.

When you can produce evidence of a single home shop dust explosion in
a plastic pipe ducted system, I will gladly retract my statement.

I suggest you checl this link before repeating such blather:

http://www.woodcentral.com/cgi-bin/r...cles_221.shtml

Better safe than sorry, old boy.

Sorry how? "Better-safe-than-sorry" is only reasonable advice when
there is a possibility, even remote possibility of an event occuring.
In the cas of a single home shop dust explosion in a plastic pipe
ducted system there is ZERO chance. In such a case, better safe than
sorry is just a pitiful justification for the ignorant to continue
their ignorance.

Grounding is cheap and easy so why not?

Because it's unnecessary and unproductive. Do you sprinkle cream of
tartar on your saw before you work? Why not? It's cheap and easy.

I realize the subject has been discussed here ad nauseum and I don't
intend to add to that.

Yet you did.

If you don't want to ground then don't.

That's fine. But people shouldn't be report as gospel a circumstance
when there's no data to support its existance.

Lighten up

I'll "lighten up" when ignorance on this subject is eradicated. Your
promotion of it necessitates rebuttal. When it's no longer necessary
there'll be no activity of mine up from which to lighten.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Zero chance?

Obviously you are omniscient as well as a crank.

If you won't lighten up, then get bent.