Sunworshipper

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:06:14 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:01:29 -0800, Sunworshipper
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:20:57 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Im at the point where Im getting ready to put a roof on my "awning" in
the back yard. Its a 16' x 16' freestandinging gizmo that will cover
my welding Stuff, a place to work on vehicles, and so forth. Lots of
similar units around here are flat roofed, but as it appears that we
may be getting some rain for the next couple years, Id like to put a
small slope on it. How much slope should I put in a 8' span, just to
get rid of rain water? 4" 3"?

Gunner

My shop is 1/4" per foot. I water leveled it and subtracted 3.75" 15'
away. Make it a little more if its not really flat , mine is two
layers of 3/4 plywood.

Mine will be 3/8" plywood on 2' centers. I scrounged up 8 sheets of
3/8s, just plumb full of staples. I think I can get some rolled
roofing really cheap.

So far, Ive got $6 in the project. Not counting the electricity to
weld the legs to the support members.

The legs are 3 1/2" oilfield pipe and to the bottom of the beams, is
8', 9"

I wanted 8'...but my buddy cut them a bit long, and I shrugged and
welded them up.

Ill post a picture or 2, later tonight in the drop box

Ive got 4 more shorter beams (10') and another 6 or 8 11' joints of
3.5" tubing if I want to make another awning..which I might do to
cover some Stuff

Gunner

Bet this is why you wanted a drafting machine... Sorry I learned not
to sell my first.