xrongor

"Colbyt" wrote in message

"Davma" wrote in message
Hi,

We're going back & forth on our plans to replace the sink with a
Stainless
vs Moenstone or something similar. The new counter will be laminate.

I'm leaning towards high grade stainless steel while my wife is leaning
towards composite or similar (color basically driving the discussion).

I'm looking at Kohler - any one have a recent replacement/upgrade

experience
to share? Standard size 33x22 - two basin of equal size with deep
wells.

Any feedback would be welcomed.

Thanks

I have never had a SS sink fail. A couple that I installed 25 years ago
are
still going strong. They were the cheapest that I could buy at that time.

My sister-in-law's composite sink looks like crap after about 9 years of
normal use. It is covered with small scrathes and stains. As a matter of
fact I have never seen a composite sink that is used on a regular basis
look
good after a few years.

my mom wanted a composite sink so it will look good, and she's afraid to
just use it. she lines it with these rubber mats on the bottom and sides so
it wont scratch, spends all this time being careful etc... i mean its just
crazy, and it defeats the purpose of having a nice looking sink in the first
place. those rubber mats look pretty stupid. and after all that, along
with careful effort, its scratched and stained anyway....

if you plan to USE the sink, get a stainless sink. years later you can just
take sponge and some ajax and it will look almost the same as the day you
bought it. as was said, i think even a cheap SS sink is good enough. just
make sure its real stainless steel.

randy