Gary Dyrkacz

We have a Kohler double bowl SS sink. This was on the higher price
end, but not top of the line. The more expensive sinks are usually
thicker gauge and have a higher shine because of higher nickel
content. Make sure you get a sink with sound deadening material on
the outside. Even then the sink generally sound more like a drumhead.

The only problem we have had was my wife spilled jewelry cleaner on
the sink and left it for awhile. It left a stain on the sink. Also
the sink shows water spots easily.

We have had little trouble with the fact that both bowls are the same
size and depth. If you have a lot of visitors that help you in the
kitchen or small children, then it could be a problem of confusing
which one is connected to the disposal.

I would also agree to make sure the bowls are deep.

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:33:40 -0600, PJX wrote:

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:15:08 GMT, "Davma" wrote:

Hi,

We're going back & forth on our plans to replace the sink with a Stainless
vs Moenstone or something similar. The new counter will be laminate.

I'm leaning towards high grade stainless steel while my wife is leaning
towards composite or similar (color basically driving the discussion).

I'm looking at Kohler - any one have a recent replacement/upgrade experience
to share? Standard size 33x22 - two basin of equal size with deep wells.

Any feedback would be welcomed.

Thanks

I like my 20 yr old stainless steel deep double sink, both of equal
size.

Gary Dyrkacz

Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+
http://home.attbi.com/~dyrgcmn/