Colbyt

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello,

Live outside of Boston.

Re Vinyl Siding:

Have been looking all over the web, and, frankly, there's so much, it's
really confusing.

Would like to ask:

a. Is there any concensous as to which brand is the "best" ?

If not, which are generally considered as the top quality brands ?

b. Is 0.048 the thickest that anyone offers for residential use ?

c. Is there a very rough price per sq ft that is generally acdepted as a
norm for
the total of material and labor cost to install ?

Thanks,
B.

You have been a busy poster!

..044 is the normal builder grade vinyl siding. Some companies sell a
higher grade version. I think it is like 20% thicker and about 30% more in
cost. The quality of the installation and substrate is a bigger factor than
the thickness of the siding. All of them will crack when hit by a golf ball
or rock slung by a lawnmower.

Vinyl siding is generally priced and installed "by the square". A square is
100 square feet. One sheet of your old T-111 was 32 square feet (4 x 8).

No one can estimate prices without seeing the job. Siding is about $120.00
a square here. That price does not include the necessary trim pieces or any
labor. Your job might have a lot of trim pieces per square or just a few.
I am sure that licensed insured contractors charge a lot more where you are
than they do here.

Colbyt