Gary Cavie

In article ,=20
says...
=20
I want to install an external 13amp socket.
=20
I have an older rewireable fuse box so am I forced to buy an
integrated RCD-protected socket? OUCH!!=20
=20
Do I also need a spured fuse single outlet too, or can I hard wire
directly into the circuit? I can easily get access to the ring main
very near to the position where I want the external socket.
=20
Cheers
Garry
=20
=20
=20
=20

You could use an RCD-fused spur inside, leading to a standard IP56 socket=
=20
outside (RCD spur =A325.95+VAT, MK Masterseal socket =A315.99+VAT, both fro=
m=20
www.tlc-direct.co.uk). Much cheaper than =A382.10+ VAT for a Masterseal RCD=
=20
protected socket.

But yes, you do need RCD protection for an outside socket, or any socket=20
which may be used to supply portable equipment outside (includes plugging=
=20
in a lawnmower through the kitchen window, but then you'd use a plug-in=20
RCD unit, wouldn't you?)

Gary