Ed Sirett

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:20:59 +0000, Christian McArdle wrote:

I would however dispute the 95% not owned by Landlord, in the
sector I am familiar with which is shorthold lets (generally 6months to a
few years) I would say the proportion is 95% owned by the landlord.

Yes, I've rented a few houses in my time and knew of loads of others. I've
never seen one that came without a cooker or fridge, although luck dictates
if you get a washing machine or freezer and I never came across a dishwasher
or tumble dryer that wasn't tenant owned.

Christian.

Dishwashers would come with the flat for the top of the market.
I.e 3 bed mansion flats in St. John Wood. with 'corporate' tenants.