Ken

My suggestion , get a roll of delta floor, or the stuff Home
Despot carries, about $100 CDN, lay that down and cover with the
cheapest laminate flooring you can find.
My basement shop consists of a room on each side of the stairs,
one room has delta floor and $0.99 /sq ft laminate. In that room I
have a DC, DP, 6" jointer, 12" planer, bench. Three years and no
problems. It's easy to sweep up dust etc, warmer on the feet, dry
and a bit softer than concrete. I will be doing the same in the main
shop room( TS, BS, HW bench , router table etc) as soon as I get over
the hump of moving everything out, and back again.
If heavy pieces of HW, hand planes, whathaveyou, are
dropped, the floor can get a nice ding, which justs adds character.
Also rubber mats are good to provide better footing at major tools

Ken