Sunworshipper

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:20:09 -0800, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Sunworshipper wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:20:57 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Im at the point where Im getting ready to put a roof on my "awning" in
the back yard. Its a 16' x 16' freestandinging gizmo that will cover
my welding Stuff, a place to work on vehicles, and so forth. Lots of
similar units around here are flat roofed, but as it appears that we
may be getting some rain for the next couple years, Id like to put a
small slope on it. How much slope should I put in a 8' span, just to
get rid of rain water? 4" 3"?

Gunner

My shop is 1/4" per foot. I water leveled it and subtracted 3.75" 15'
away. Make it a little more if its not really flat , mine is two
layers of 3/4 plywood.

Do they give away plywood where you live?

They did if you knew where to look before 911.
The shop cost about $900. Half of that is just concrete.
If there was a natural disaster I'd rather be in the shop than my
house. Plywood is down right scary now, I bring home some and the
neighbors are like vultures. Matter of fact I took apart 2 garage
doors and chopped the metal up like firewood yesterday and the
neighbor had to come over to see the old rotten 1/2-" plywood.

Had the drill all hooked up and not one screw would come out so I had
to rip the plywood off the screws with a crow bar and two hammers at
the same time. That reminds me, I need to put all that in my truck for
the dump real soon so my kid doesn't get hurt on all that sharp metal.

Oh, the ole beach tent stakes work good. Dig a hole and put in a
horizontal stick and string tied to the middle. Read metal horizontal
and cable buried. That way Gunner's roof will never take off.