Martin

Don't you just love the "plain-english" descriptions? The kit is made
in China, but supposedly the dealer is in Missouri. So, does this 60cc
kit have a clutch lever? And is he saying that you'll have to come up
with your own, wider, crankshaft?

from the web site:
It is an Automatic bicycle motor, It does not have a clutch lever. It
has a centrifugal clutch when throttle handle is turned and rpm begins
and you go just like a gas scooter. New improved bearings, wider cranks
will be needed. Gets around 150 miles on a gallon of gas. With this kit
you can convert an ordinary bicycle into a gas powered bike. Operates
like a moped. You can pedal the bike or start the engine by releasing
the clutch lever.
Clear as mud, eh?

Martin

D.B. wrote:
In the picture, there is a big lump on the rear (right in
picture) of the crankcase. There is no reason for that on a
2-smoke without gear reduction, so that's probably the
internal gear reduction. Probably also acentrifical clutch
like the 60cc engine below it.

http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/Engine_Kit1.htm

3.5 hp is real dismal power for an 80cc 2-smoke, so it's
probably also a low speed engine for an 80cc. Even a not
too well designed 80cc 2 smoke shold be able to develop 3.5
hp at about 4,000 rpm.

Dick

Martin wrote:
In addition to the other comments, I wonder about the sprocket

sizes.
The rear sprocket is small enough that I doubt this could be
direct-drive off the crankshaft, yet there is no mention of a
transmission. I wonder if it just has a simple on-board gear
reduction?

Martin

Martin wrote:
Has anyone actually ordered one of these, can you comment on the
quality/completeness of the kit? It seems like a decent price,

since
it seemingly includes all the handlebar controls, mounting parts,

and
gas tank.
Link: http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/home.htm

best regards,