Ken Moffett

Richard J Kinch wrote:

Ken Moffett writes:

Is it on paper? How does it release from the print media
and adhere to the metal?

On paper, yes. Laser toner is lampblack fused with polystyrene under heat.
The appropriate solvent loosens the styrene from the paper and deposits it
on the metal. The trick is blotting just enough solvent to dampen through
the paper and transfer without making the toner run or smear.

Come to think of it, this might work with just heat and pressure, no
solvents. That's how the laser printer fusers work.

Ok. I ve seen this done with heat for masking flat printed circuit
boards. They even sell special paper for that. I was interested in doing
it on your curved surfaces. Thanks.