Charles Spitzer

wrote in message
oups.com...
Every now and again, I'll fill a 5-gallon bucket with a 1 part bleach
to 9 parts water solution of bleach water to sterilize things around
the backyard like bird feeders and stuff. My question is how to dispose
of the bleach water afterwards? Do I schlepp it into the house and
pour it down the toilet or kitchen sink? Is it safe to pour on the
ground? I garden organically, and the last thing I want to do is ruin
the ecosystem I've created with bleach water.

Thanks.

-Fleemo

it's not safe to pour on the ground where you have living plants, as it will
kill everything.

you could just let it sit in the sunlight, and the chlorine will break down
over a period of a few days, and you'll be left with just water. if you're
not on a septic tank, you could just pour it down the drain, or you could
pour it in the gutter and it will just evaporate.