Adrian

Default Cataclean

Pete Smith ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Search all articles for: NNTP-Posting-Host: 217.134.67.161 sorted by
date. We could then see what other groups he posts to. Given he/she/it
uses about 4 aliases, I'm pretty sure there will be more.

No point. As you mentioned earlier, that IP is part of a dialup pool
belonging to Energis.

It's purely circumstantial evidence pointing to IMM and wonky********
being the same guy - the same IP, within a few minutes of each other, and
similar styles. There's nothing to say that one "real person" didn't hang
up just before the other dialled in, and the IP was recycled. I have no
idea how long a lease Energis give to their dial-up IPs. Probably not
very.

Now, if there was proof of them having the same IP as each other on other
occasions, or the two identities overlapping in one session...?

But can we be arsed, since we know they are one and the same.

_Or_ if net.loons used a fixed IP, so that rather than having a
dynamic IP which resolves to an "anonymous" Freeserve/PlanetOnline
dialup address, so we could actually track them down.

Y'never know.... If we ask nicely, they may even use their real names?

This is why I could never convincingly troll

Erm, no. You could never convincingly troll because you have two
braincells to rub together....