William Brown

Ikea has a lot of this type of thing for far less than $6K, and you can
take them with you when you move.

I don't understand why you want wood if they are to be painted?

iradi8 wrote:
I am trying to decide whether to have custom bookcases built or just try to
find some free-standing ones.
I got a quote from a local cabinet maker for a painted 10' x 10' unit that
is 12" deep on the top part where there is open shelving and about 16" deep
on the bottom where there will be cabinet doors.
The quote is approx. $6000 and I was surprised at the high cost. I live in
Louisiana -- anyone have opinions on this price???

Also, any suggestions where I might find some really nice bookcases (open on
top with cabinets on bottom -- very tall preferably) either online or b&m??

Thanks for your help!

there.