Bob Eager

Default IP adressing stinks

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:28:22 UTC, (Huge) wrote:

"IMM" writes:

Wrong. Look at Demon user IP allocations. If you know how to, that is.

Wrong.

Tee-hee.

From
http://www.demon.net/products/access/standard.shtml;

"Our Static IP address feature makes it easy to configure your
corporate firewall to give you comprehensive remote access to resources
at the office."

And another example, from my ISP (just to rub it in...!):

"You are allocated a block of IP addresses depending on the number of
machines you have or will have soon. IP addresses are carefully managed
and have to be justified (by having machines or a good reason to need
them). We will supply as many as you actually need, but they are always
allocated in a power of 2, i.e. 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, etc. "

--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...