Bob Eager

Default IP adresses

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:19:38 UTC, "IMM" wrote:

In the vast majority of the Internet, dynamic IPs are used, as there is
simply not enough IP adresses to around.

Actually, that's a myth....even if you add back the missing verb.

Every individual machine in this house has its own static IP address.

You won't find that via Goggle if you go via an ISP. You are Probably using
a router for all your machines. One side of the router the internet doesn't
want to know.

All the machines on my network have individual IP addresses. They are
visible both sides of the firewall - and both sides of the router.

Go to the 3-Com web site. They have tutorials on IP addresses.

Don't need one. I write tutorials on IP.

--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...