Bob Eager

Default Cataclean

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:53:48 UTC, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Yours may be. Not all IP addresses are dynamic, and to imply that it is
so shows your ignorance.

That's pretty rare in a domestic setting, though. I used to have one via
Demon, but I wouldn't want one now as it is too dangerous; IP masquerading
gives useful extra security for free.

I've never really understood why it's more dangerous; at any given time,
there will be some IP address assiciated with a site. Masquerading
doesn't remove the risk although it may reduce it slightly.

On the other hand I do have a tightly configured, standalone firewall
machine...!

--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...