Edwin Pawlowski

"iradi8" wrote in message
I am trying to decide whether to have custom bookcases built or just try to
find some free-standing ones.
I got a quote from a local cabinet maker for a painted 10' x 10' unit that
is 12" deep on the top part where there is open shelving and about 16"
deep on the bottom where there will be cabinet doors.
The quote is approx. $6000 and I was surprised at the high cost. I live in
Louisiana -- anyone have opinions on this price???

That price is very possible for a good custom setup, but could be high for
fairly simple stuff. .Depends on the specs and material used. Ask over on
rec.woodworking for some places to go or people to contact.