On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:10:21 -0600, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Ken Moffett writes:

Is it on paper? How does it release from the print media
and adhere to the metal?

On paper, yes. Laser toner is lampblack fused with polystyrene under heat.
The appropriate solvent loosens the styrene from the paper and deposits it
on the metal. The trick is blotting just enough solvent to dampen through
the paper and transfer without making the toner run or smear.

Come to think of it, this might work with just heat and pressure, no
solvents. That's how the laser printer fusers work.

It does. I use a reverse laser printed image and a hot iron to
transfer designs for wood carving all the time.

--RC

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.