willshak

On 1/23/2005 8:15 AM US(ET), Davma took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

Hi,

We're going back & forth on our plans to replace the sink with a Stainless
vs Moenstone or something similar. The new counter will be laminate.

I'm leaning towards high grade stainless steel while my wife is leaning
towards composite or similar (color basically driving the discussion).

I'm looking at Kohler - any one have a recent replacement/upgrade experience
to share? Standard size 33x22 - two basin of equal size with deep wells.

Any feedback would be welcomed.

Thanks

Everyone will give you a different opinion on what is best for you,
depending upon what they have in their house, or what they wish they had
if they had the money.
So here is my opinion. I have a large deep single tub stainless steel
sink that is about 15 years old now. I have had no problems with it and
it is not scratched or dented all to **** either.
Be sure that before you buy a SS sink that you check the thickness of
the SS. If there is a model on display, press down on the bottom of the
sink and see if it flexes with moderate hand pressure. If it does, it's
too thin. The sink I chose had the thicker SS and also the outside of
the tub is undercoated with some kind of white sprayed on material that
deadens the sound and provides hot and cold insulation. The make of the
sink that I have is Elkay.

--
Bill