Colbyt

"Davma" wrote in message
Hi,

We're going back & forth on our plans to replace the sink with a Stainless
vs Moenstone or something similar. The new counter will be laminate.

I'm leaning towards high grade stainless steel while my wife is leaning
towards composite or similar (color basically driving the discussion).

I'm looking at Kohler - any one have a recent replacement/upgrade

experience
to share? Standard size 33x22 - two basin of equal size with deep wells.

Any feedback would be welcomed.

Thanks

I have never had a SS sink fail. A couple that I installed 25 years ago are
still going strong. They were the cheapest that I could buy at that time.

My sister-in-law's composite sink looks like crap after about 9 years of
normal use. It is covered with small scrathes and stains. As a matter of
fact I have never seen a composite sink that is used on a regular basis look
good after a few years.

Personally I would avoid the mirror like finish as I would guess it to be
difficult to keep it looking that way. The less shiny sinks are easier to
keep looking like new for a long time. Cost is not the only indication of
quality. Consider the gauge of the metal and the amount of sound -deadening
material on the bottom of the sink. The deeper the bowls the higher the
cost.

BUT, it is your wife you have to convince.

Good luck,

Colbyt