Frank Erskine

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:26:28 -0000, "Mike" wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
I didn't see anywhere in this thread whether the bulbs were 240 volt
or low voltage (12V ?)

In this context 240V *is* low voltage (LV), 12V would be classed as
extra low voltage (ELV)

Hmm. Regardless of power transmission jargon or whatever, LV means to most
its safe to a human. And 230v most certainly isn't. 50 volts used to be
the accepted maximum - although I notice my Fluke meter puts up a warning
flag at 30.

UL (Underwriters Labs), the people who certify mains power supplies in most
equipment, define the safe limit as 42volts

Not in the UK though.

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland