Mike

"James Salisbury" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
Does anybody know if there is a legal limit on the number of power cuts
per
annum before one can demand something is done ? And if so, who do I
demand
it from. The utility company just say they are "improving things".

There is a European Standard, avaliable from BSI that relates to power
quality,

Thay break that already. Our voltage is 253volts with spikes on top. Next
door (1/2 mile away) is even higher.

perhaps a trip down to the local library. also try ofgem
http://www.ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem/index.jsp

Thanks. I found one thing - four or more cuts of over 3 hours gets you £50
so I'll try putting in a claim for that.

But what I really want is them to upgrade the supply.