Phil Bowser

Try the simple stuff first... Are there any speakers near it (other than
the Home Theater shielded-type center channel units)? If so, remove them,
allow the set to remain off a few hours, and turn on again to activate
degaussing, and see if prob. goes away. Next question - Was the set ever
dropped onto its face or hit hard in the front? If it was this way from
new, and your uncle simply 'lived with it" instead of requesting service, it
may have been damaged during shipment. Internal to the picture tube ia a
metal screen called a "shadow mask" that can become bent under physical
punishment, and it will result in color impurities on the screen.

"KitKat" wrote in message
I just got a 27" JVC TV from an uncle who got a High-Def.

When I hooked the TV up in my room, I noticed that the left and right

sides
of the screen (close to the edges) would change color whenever a light

color
was on screen.

I put in a DVD that had a shot of a white wall, and the left side turned
yellow, and the right side turned purple.

The TV was only made in 2000, and I've tried RF, RCA and S-Video

connections
and they all produce the same results.

I asked my uncle and he said it happened once in a while, but he didn't
really notice it.

Is there any way I can fix this? Thanks.