none

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:40:49 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

"mac" wrote in message
Sounds good except for the price of $375........Thanks, but for now I

really
can't afford anything near that
much. It will be a big shock if the public has to pay even 1/4 that much

use their old tv's in 2006 when
all tv stations are scheduled to broadcast in only digital format, as I
understand it. I could be wrong, but
I don't think the public is that close to being ready for it, unless
converter boxes come down drastically
from the above price, so that the tv s most people are using now will

pick
up the digital broadcast.

I doubt there will be much shock, people are already doing it all the time
with digital cable and satelite, if I had to guess I'd say that 99% of
digital TV reception is via one of those two mediums, I wasn't even aware
that digital over-air TV broadcasts even existed. I'm one of *very* few
people I know without cable or satelite, digital or not. These days you can
get most TV shows on DVD, excellent picture quality, no channel logos, along
with all the advantages of Tivo.

You forget that in many areas cable/satelite still don't offer the
local broadcast channels as part of their basic package.
Many will have to get a converter box and most will go into shock if
they have to pay more than 50 bucks for it.
Unless the cost of digital sets go down drastically I'll be sticking
with my old ntsc set.( Paying over a grand for a tv is IMO pure
insanity, I don't care how good the picture is.)