Prometheus

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:21:20 GMT, Dan wrote:

On Sun 23 Jan 2005 01:50:32a, Prometheus wrote in
news
What city and state?

Bloomer, WI

Wow. Even that far north, I'da thought you were too close to Eau Claire and
the Twin Cities to find anything under a hundred k. NICE find. I'm here
struggling with an unattached garashop in Madison where the codes and
inspectors make insulating and heating that building an expensive and
complicated task. I'm almost ready to concede defeat and put a tiny
neandershop in the basement for winters. Hey, if Frank Klauscz could go
through his apprenticeship having all the heavy machinery in an unheated
room, maybe I can too.

Especially since Bloomer is right next to the Chippewa County forest
(a huge hunk of undeveloped forest land for hunting, fishing and
whatever else might strike a guy's fancy) I grew up tooling around
that forest, and I've still never seen the far side of it, even on an
ATV. The folks from the cities love that for thier summer homes, and
they *do* drive up the prices.

My apartment had an unattached one-car garage, so I feel your pain!
My solution was to get a mini lathe to put in the entranceway, and
spend the winter turning. Of course, now I've got the whole basement
to play with- I just need to get a dust collector to stick in the
garage right away so the wife doesn't get tired of the dust.... of
course, she *did* let me have a lathe inside our apartment, so she
might not mind anyhow.

But even while it's good to know that somebody can find a decent house for
a decent price, anywhere, in these times, you still suck. :-)

Thanks! Lots of looking, and lots of luck. The other ones we looked
at were junk piles.

Did you bring a family into it, or are you planning on adding one on later?

A wife, a dog, and a couple of cats. For now, we're still undecided
whether or not we're going to expand the family unit (I've got some
nieces and nephews I can borrow, and the wife and I enjoy our quiet
and our hobbies)

Dan

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam