Chris Holmes

Default Trailer Fridge Box ((Cheap) Alternatives to)

(Chris Holmes) wrote in message . com...
I think I saw a rather sad one (Filing Cabinet) here the other day I shall go for a prowl round the site.

Turned out to be a 4 drawer and it would have taken quite a lot of
modifying to do the job. I have managed to find a second hand unit
for £90, which I think i'll probably go for,However, for those who
come Google-ing after, and don't want to spend the money that conway,
sunncamp,cabanon etc charge for their new units I did discover the
following on an old Conway forum.....

stevehardy
Unregistered User
(2/21/02 8:46 pm)
Reply Fridge box
If anyone wants a real cheap fridge box give Wheelhouse a ring ,they
are a company in hounslow and they have contico tuff boxes going at
about £20.00 they donnt do mail order though phone number is 02085
703501 It measures 37"x21"x20"

Ian
Unregistered User
(2/27/02 10:06 pm)
Reply Front box
Further to previous posts I used a Contico Tuff Crate which cost c
£20. Haven't seen them in ANY of the DIY multiples lately, but as a
Mgr of one of the larger DIY outlets I have to say that this is the
type of thing we get in from time to time as a "Special Purchase" -
rather than a regular all year round stock line. Contico are based in
Cornwall, tel 01209 315222/fax 01209 313297 & I am sure would advise
of stockists in your locality.
I mounted mine on a Dexion (imagine large meccano) frame which
attaches to trailer front and drawbar with three bolts - stays rock
steady, but on arrival at site detaches inside of 5 mins so I can
refit jockey wheel to aid manoeuvering of fully laden outfit.