Andy Hall

Default Condensing boilers and pluming

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:52:10 GMT, Tony Bryer
wrote:

In article , Nick
Brooks wrote:
The 28 HE cannot use
plastic drain piping for the flue.

Very interesting but not relevant as original poster hasn't got
a 28HE

Who said anything about drain piping, this is uk.d-i-y not
uk.bodge-it

Keston (and IIRC one or two other) boilers use 50mm muPVC plastic
waste pipe for their air intake and flue. £10 or so for 4m, a
fraction of the cost of most flue extension packs.

Several of the German originated boilers that I looked at have a
concentric 125mm/80mm flue socket in the top. This appears to be
something of a standard.

For the MAN boiler (and I saw it for at least one other), you can get
an adaptor which plugs in in place of the concentric flue and provides
two 50mm sockets so that you can connect muPVC, Keston style.

I didn't bother because I had a simple flue run straight through the
wall.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl