Pedge

"nick smith" wrote in
:

OK - nit picker(s), in this context my point is ...

Is the 1.0mm cable being used for the 12 volt part of the circuit (if
it exists) or the 240 volt part of the circuit.
(cue someeone to correct me on 240 volts "not existing anymore")

My point (as most well knew) is that the current (at whatever the
total load is) is going to be twenty times
greater in a 12 volt circuit and the 1.0mm cable is unlikely going to
be adequate, except for short
runs and/or low power....

---------- Are we trying to help the OP or not
---------------

Nick

OK. Most of the plasterboard has gone up and the wiring i've done is as
follows:

- Main wiring into kitchen from fusebox is 1.5mm
- Connected the 1.5mm cable to a junction box and used 3x 1.5mm wiring at
30cm lengths to connect to 3x 12v transformers which will supply 3x 50W
Halogens.

The Emcalite transformer says that it is 240V - 11.4V, 50~60Hz, 20-60VA,
0.27A, SELV. I didn't actually mention in my original posting but I am
using a dimmer switch for the halogens.

The second part to the wiring from the junction box installed is that a
1mm cable was conected to the neutral terminal and a red wire to the
switch terminal. This will supply lighting to the kitchen wall units. I
can see that some lights out there also use 12V tranformers.

I've tested each wire where the lights work.