Old Nick

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 09:42:27 -0800, Larry Jaques
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

OOI, Larry. Were you using a pleated paper filter? If it was just a
layer, then you lose a lot of area. I am asking, not lecturing. I was
going to set up a boxfan filter. and was interested.

I tried that with a 20" box fan and one paper filter. Airflow
reduction was about 80-90% with the single filter as judged by the
hairs on the back of my hand 8" from the pack of the filter area.
Perhaps the Filtrete filters are less restrictive, but my test failed.

Please return Stewardess to her original upright position.
http://www.diversify.com Tagline-based T-shirts!