:::Jerry::::

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 09:28:13 UTC, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
I didn't see anywhere in this thread whether the bulbs were 240 volt
or low voltage (12V ?)

In this context 240V *is* low voltage (LV), 12V would be classed as
extra low voltage (ELV)

Hmm. Regardless of power transmission jargon or whatever

It's the 'jargon' used by 16th Edition...!

But how many on this group are going to work with 25Kv distribution lines...

I can see the point Dave is making, to describe 240v as 'low voltage' in a
DIY group without explanation is daft at best and lethal at worst.